A BIG LIST OF NEW THINGS HAPPENING IN THE SMOKIES!
We have heard some exciting announcements for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in 2019.
* Dave & Buster's is coming to the area located near The Bluffs. Dave & Buster's is the adult version of Chuck E. Cheeses, and they serve alcohol! It's going to have virtual reality, bowling, billiards, Dance Dance Revolution, a Sport's Bar, and can't forget about their Wings!
* Pirate Voyage! 2018 is the last season of Dolly Parton's Celebration. So if you haven't seen the show, get out and see it now for the Christmas Celebration. Celebration is closing its doors in January and the theater is getting a major makeover the first-half of the 2019 as they prepare to reopen as Dolly Parton's Pirate Voyage! Pirates, Mermaids, and SEA LIONS are coming to the Smoky Mountains! It's going to be exciting!
* Pirate Revenge! Fee/Hendricks Family Entertainment is preparing to compete with Dolly Parton's Pirate Voyage by opening up their new Pirates Revenge Dinner & Show. What does this mean? Smoky Mountain Opry and Magic Beyond Belief will be closing to make way for the huge renovation to the current Opry building. Nothing is really known other than that the Pirates Revenge is going to be nothing like the successful Pirate Voyage show. Fee/Hendricks says it's going to be a one-of-a-kind and never-been-seen before. Sounds exciting! Pirates Revenge is set to open late 2019.
* SkyBridge at Gatlinburg SkyLift. SkyBridge is going to be the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America. Yes, in North America! SkyBridge is set to open this year.
* Ole Red Gatlinburg- Blake Shelton is moving in. The new 16,000 square-foot entertainment venue is set to open Spring 2019 across from Anakeesta. The new venue is going to be a 2-story bar and restaurant with retail and live entertainment.
* National Enquirer Museum- construction has already started across the Parkway from Titanic on the new 18,000 square-foot museum. One of the main attractions inside the museum will be a state-of-the-art interactive exhibit that will allow visitors to create their own Enquirer-style headlines and share them all over social media.
* Tower Shops, Mountain Monster and the Mountain Mile! Coming to Teaster Lane across the way from The Island is the Mountain Mile's Tower Shops and it's 200-foot-tall Mountain Monster; it's going to be the first of-its-kind thrill ride All of this is going to be located at the old Belz Mall and is the first phase of the major development expansion containing over 170 acres of family fun. The Tower Shops at Mountain Mile is expected to open May 2019. The new area will reshape the retail, restaurant, lodging and attraction scene in Pigeon Forge. Among some of the new attractions planned also include: a Drive-In Theater (you park outside and the inside has replica cars from the 50's), a Gastro Pub, a Bowling Alley, concert venue, and a proposed water park, mountain coaster, sky lift, and so much more.
* Rocky Top Mountain Coaster opened Thanksgiving week. It is located on Veteran's Blvd below Dollywood. Rocky Top Mountain Coaster is said to be the largest of its kind on the East Coaster with over four lifts, four 360-degree turns, and major features include four tunnels, and bursting through a barn on the way down the mountain.
* River Walk Crossing is going to be the newest shopping center in Pigeon Forge that's going to occupy over 14-acres between Teaster Lane and Little Pigeon River, across from Jake Thomas Blvd. The River Walk Crossing is going to include a new Food City as well as another large retail tenant.
* Dollywood's Wildwood Grove is Dollywood's largest expansion in the history of Dollywood expansions. The new 5-acre expansion is costing Dollywood $37.5 million and is going to feature new rides, a new coaster, a new restaurant, play area and a 55-foot-tall Wildwood Tree that will be the centerpiece. New rides are: Sycamore Swing, Frogs and Fireflies, The Mad Mockingbirds, Treetop Tower, Black Bear Trail and the Dragonflier.