Come and enjoy Greater Ft. Lauderdale area! With miles of beaches, fine dining, parks, and nearly sunshine all year around-what are you waiting for!
Both residents and tourists spend their time outdoors. Come join us for some fun in the sun!
Kreul Classic, the country's largest televised high school basketball tournament
YMCA National Swimming and Diving Championships
Rising Stars Softball Tournament
Judo U.S. Open
The Florida State High School Track & Field Championships
Dixie Amateur Golf Championships
Florida Lacrosse Classic, Men's Grandmasters National Championships
- The Greater Fort Lauderdale Sports Development Office, with the support of the Florida Sports Foundation, is your one-stop shop to plan professional, amateur or recreational sports events.
- Whether you love to watch or play, Greater Fort Lauderdale is heaven for the sports lover. Planning a sports event? Visit the Greater Fort Lauderdale Sports Development section for your sports group needs.
- Watch the Miami Dolphins play at Sun Life Stadium, see the NHL in action at the BB&T Center, home to Florida Panthers ice hockey, or watch the NASL Fort Lauderdale Strikers play at the Fort Lauderdale Stadium.
- Greater Fort Lauderdale is flowing with water-based activities. Ramp up your vacation with scuba diving, jet skiing, parasailing and sport fishing. If fishing is
indeed your thing, don't miss the interactive exhibits at the
International Game Fish Association's Fishing Hall of Fame and Museum.
Meanwhile, more than 50 area golf courses offer you the full country club experience as well as public links for any skill level.
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
SIGHTSEEING CRUISES & TOURS
- Delight in an Intracoastal Waterway cruise, where you'll see eye-popping
mansions along Millionaire's Row, the mega-yachts of the rich and
famous and private islands. From popular cruises like the Jungle Queen Riverboatand Riverfront Cruises, to intimate gondola rides, to Water Taxi -- taxi cabs in the water! -- to kayak tours for an up close and personalized look at Greater Fort Lauderdale's flora and fauna.
FREE THINGS TO DO
- Stroll Hollywood's famed 2 ½ mile Broadwalk along the beach. Snorkel (no boat needed) from shore along Lauderdale-By-The-Sea's three-tiered reef system and discover the many underwater treasures. Meditate as you focus on the sunrise by the pier in Deerfield Beach. People watch along Fort Lauderdale's beachfront promenade. Hop on the trolley in
downtown Fort Lauderdale's Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District
on Fridays and Saturdays to experience the lighthearted energy of
Las Olas Boulevard.
- For those seeking serenity, relaxation and revitalization, Greater Fort Lauderdale offers an impressive choice of day spas and resort spas ranging from upscale, European-style establishments to sites offering a more holistic approach.
- Whether you are looking for an educational destination, one filled
with sports and shopping for the whole family, the perfect dining spots
for kids or South Florida's best family-friendly special events and
packages, look no further than Greater Fort Lauderdale.
- Kids of all ages will enjoy the Museum of Discovery & Science in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Young at Art Children's Museum is a great choice for the younger child, while Boomers will brighten your older child's day. For the animal-lover and budding environmentalist, don't miss a visit to the Everglades, Butterfly World and Flamingo Gardens. Scooter, canoe, jet ski and other watersports are sure to thrill the family.
- Discover the convenience and the value of shopping in everything from
boutiques to department stores in Greater Fort Lauderdale. There are
special shopping tours for groups and local shuttle buses from the
beach. And, most hotels provide easy access to major shopping centers
for car-less travelers. You can even shop at The Galleria by Water Taxi. Sawgrass Mills, the world's largest discount and entertainment mall, the Swap Shop, South's largest flea market, Festival Flea Market, a quarter-mile long shopper's paradise, and Westfield Broward,
a one level, 1,000,000 sq ft shopping mall in Plantation, are just a
few of the venues to begin your retail therapy. Translated "the waves"
in Spanish, Las Olas Blvd
is known as Greater Fort Lauderdale's "style mile," lined with
independently owned boutiques, a restaurant row with acclaimed chefs,
and lively lounges and cafés with sidewalk seating. Las Olas also a
major stop along Greater Fort Lauderdale's Water Taxi system.