1. Do you allow events on the property?
Yes, we do allow events (venues) on the property. We allow Weddings/Receptions, FamilyReunions, Anniversary Events, Corporate Retreats, and Meditation Retreats. Only in conjunction with our Accommodations.
2. What is the maximum number of guests allowed on site for an event ?
65-75 (may vary)
3. Is there a discount price for renting all bungalows?
A discount is provided if staying more than 10 nights.
4. Is there an additional fee for holding an event? Like a wedding/reception.
Yes, we charge venue fees. Most fees vary, but a typical venue fee is $3,500.00
5. What are the requirements for a wedding on the Estate?
Requirements are the following for awedding;
Minimum 4 nights accommodations on property with Moana Hale and Moana Lihikai rented, as a minimum, from 6 homes. (may vary depending on time of year)
Wedding venue fee
Maximum of 65-75 people for venue.
Maximum of 35 people for accommodations.
6. What is your process to book one of your homes? Do you have a rental agreement for example?
(i) We will provide you a written quote for your stay. After you accept our quote, (ii) we will provide a vacation rental agreement for your review and approval, (iii) after we receive your signed agreement with your deposit, (iv) we will do a small background checkbased on information you provided in rental agreement, (iv) after everything is approved (usually a few hours), we will accept your funds.
7. What is the Parking/Security Coordinator fee for weddings/events?
We have a person who coordinates the3rd party vendors, such as caterer, event planner, chair/table coordinators and anyone associated with the venue for parking and security purposes. He coordinates your guests with regards to parking and security. Parking on property is limited to 8 parking spaces, therefore he coordinates any excess parking with our vendor across the street. We charge $30/hour and he is usually on property for 6 hours.
8. What is required, as far as insurance, to have an event on your property?
We require that all 3rdparty vendors, such as caterers, event planners, etc., provide Kona Beach Bungalows an insurance certificate, adding Kona Beach Bungalows, LLC as an additional insured on their insurance policy. We must have this on file two weeks prior to check-in.
9. Please tell us about the parking on the Estate?
Parking on property is limited to 8-10 parking spaces (depending on vehicle size), therefore any excess parking requirements or any vendors required,park across the street. This area is a Farmers Market and can accommodate up to 35 additional autos and it is an additional cost/day.
10. Is your Estate Oceanfront?
Our Estate is on the ocean. The Ocean area is composed of Tide pools among lava and a small Bay in which you can BoogieBoard, Surf, fish or snorkel .
11. Does your property have a sandy beach?
Although our property has three (3) sandy beach areas, only a very small one is adjacent to water and we do not call it a true “beach”. Second area is a large sandy area next to grass and third area is between Estate and lava rocks.
12. We heard from our friends you have green turtles on Estate?
Yes. They are daily visitors. Best part of yourmorning is drinking coffee or tea, watching the whales and or dolphins fromyour lounge chair on our grass and watching the green turtles eat in our tidepools. They usually come up every morning around 7am to tide pool areas.
15. What are the closest Airports?
(a) Kona International Airport (near property)
QueenKaahumanu Hwy is 10.77 miles to property; 20 minutes toproperty.
(b) HiloInternational Airport (other side of Island)
HI-19S 99.52 miles; 2 hrs. 19 minutes to property.
16. Do you rent the 6 homes separately?
Yes, we rent the homes separately for non-events during certain times of the year.
17. What do you provide for each home as amenities at check-in?
We place a start-up amenities package in each home. These items are intended to meet your initial needs until you have the opportunity to secure a supply ofyour favorite brands for the duration of your stay, it includes;
* 1 roll of toilet paper per bath
* 1 roll of paper towel per home
* small Shampoo & Conditioner perbath
* Small Dishwasher Detergent
* Small Laundry detergent
* Blow Dryer in each bathroom
* Washer& Dryer (Moku, Hoku, andHonu; shared in common area)
18. Do you have any beach chair for guests or any other amenities on property?
For your convenience, we provideamenities to help you with traveling light on airplanes. These items are intended to help you havefun, without spending extra cash. Pleasetake care of them so that future renters can enjoy. These amenitiesinclude;
* 6 Coolers for beach or picnic (manydifferent sizes)
* 2 full sets of Golf Clubs
* Beach Towels (colored) per Home
19. Can we play music at our event and how late can we play?
Yes, live and/or DJ music is allowed on the Estate up to 10pm.
20. Do you have internet services on the property?
Property is provided with excellent high speed Internet service.
21. Do you provide cable TV or Satellite TV in your homes?
Yes, we provide Oceanic Time Warner cable to each home.
22. What size is your pool on the property?
Our pool is large dark bottom pool with Lava rocks as main design. The pool ranges from 3 feet to approximately 10 feet deep at north end. The pool is a good size pool for many people. The upper Jacuzzi is on south side and attached to the pool, but separate. Jacuzzi has 3 small waterfalls pouring into the pool.