Movie Magic House
Movie Magic House is a beautiful vacation rental villa 5 minutes from Walt Disney World in Kissimmee, Florida.It has 7 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms and a powder room including 2 master suites and 4 themed children’s rooms.This spacious villa sleeps 15 people in total comfort.The functional floorplan boasts a bright, open living room which is open to the second floor, a sitting room, a separate dining area and a kitchen with a large eat-at island.The southern facing swimming pool with attached spa sits on a huge pool deck surrounded by a screen enclosure and hedges and overlooked by a lanai which runs the length of the house.No vacation villa is complete without a game room and this one is no exception, featuring a pool table, a ping pong table (table tennis), a foosball table and a dedicated beverage fridge.Let’s explore all the amenities in more detail!
For many park goers, location is one of the most important factors, and you can’t beat this location!Movie Magic House is in the most beautiful gated community of Emerald Island, which is less than 3 miles from the Walt Disney World property, or about a 5-minute drive.Many properties claim this, but map it for yourself and see!Emerald Island is one of the closest communities to Disney World.Emerald Island is about a 20-minute drive to both Universal Studios and Sea World.Below are the driving times to other destinations:
Distances to Common Attractions and Amenities? (plotted on Google Maps)
- Disney World - 5 minutes
- Universal Studios - 20 minutes
- SeaWorld Orlando - 20 minutes
- Gatorland - 22 minutes
- LEGOLAND - 45 minutes
- Busch Gardens Tampa - 1 hour 5 minutes
- Kennedy Space Center - 1 hour 10 minutes
- Cocoa Beach - 1 hour 20 minutes
- Clearwater Beach - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Closest Grocery Store - 4 minutes
- Closest Restaurant - 4 minutes
- Dozens of other restaurants within 5 minutes
- Closest Walmart (open 24 hours) - 7 minutes
In addition to a great location, Emerald Island is a beautifully landscaped, tropical oasis nestled in a protected wetland.The community clubhouse sits on one of the two heated community pools with spa.The clubhouse boasts a poolside Tiki Bar with food and drinks, a fitness room and video arcade among other things.Emerald Island residents also have access to three children’s play areas, a sand volleyball area, lighted tennis courts and basketball court, and a nature trail. All are free for residents to use.
After location, one of the most commonly prized amenities is the pool, and Movie Magic House has a great one!This truly oversized pool deck offers plenty of room to relax around this southern facing pool with attached spa.No walking out of the house and falling into the pool here!Don’t take our word for it, check it out on your favorite mapping site and see the size and orientation compared to other houses.A southern facing pool is desirable for the most sunshine on the pool throughout the day, but if it gets too hot, sip on a drink at one of the two table and chairs sets located in the covered lanai which runs the length of the house.Make use of our ample wall-mounted bathing suit and towel hangers located in the covered lanai, so your wet swimwear and towels can stay outside even if it rains.The screen enclosure covering the pool deck keeps out the bugs and lizards, while the hedges will offer some privacy from the neighbors.If you have little ones, the pool alarms on all doors and the removable toddler fence provide a safer and more relaxing experience for all.If you are visiting in the cooler months, pool and/or spa heat are available for an additional charge.
The inside of this villa is just as spectacular as the outside.Upon entering the villa, you pass the lovely, and quiet sitting room on your right and the stairway leading upstairs on the left.The sitting room is the perfect place to escape the noise of TV’s or video games and relax with a book.After the sitting room, you pass the formal dining room on your right.The dining room provides a separated area for eating, with seating for six at the table.Opposite the dining room, there is a cabinet with a wireless printer which works with NFC and Wi-Fi, so you can print those boarding passes or maps right from your smart phone or tablet!There is also a charging station for your mobile devices.From the dining room, you emerge into the open living room and eat-in kitchen area.The living room is open to the second floor for that spacious feel and the sliding glass doors to the pool deck and large second story window above provide plenty of light.The living room boasts a 55-inch flat screen TV with free cable and HBO, a Microsoft Xbox One and a collection of movies and games to enjoy.Of course, there is also complimentary high-speed wireless internet.The eat-in kitchen has seating for six and is fully equipped with all stainless-steel appliances, including a dishwasher, microwave, 14-cup coffee maker, 4-slice toaster and side-by-side fridge with filtered water and an ice maker.All the cookware, dishes and utensils you need are there including plastic dishes and glasses if you want to eat or enjoy a drink on the lanai.
The hallway off the living room leads to the powder room, laundry area and game room.In the laundry area, you will not only find the washer and dryer, but in the storage nook opposite the washer and dryer are the two pack-n-plays, two high-chairs and two strollers.We love families and children, so if there is something missing that you need for your baby, toddler, children or family, let us know and chances are we will purchase it for the house.Through the doorway past the laundry area is the Movie Magic House game room!The game room features a pool table, a ping pong table (table tennis), a foosball table and dedicated beverage fridge.Take a look in the freezer of the beverage fridge and you’ll find our frozen plastic beer mugs, which are perfect for the pool on a hot day.The game room is decorated with movie posters from some of our favorite family classics.
The first of the seven bedrooms is the spacious king suite, which is located on the first floor, off the living room.The king suite has a king bed, a walk-in closet with a hotel style safe, a wall mounted 32-inch flat screen TV and a huge private bathroom, featuring a shower and garden tub.The other six bedrooms are upstairs.On the right side of the second floor, you will find the queen suite, the Mickey Mouse twin room, a shared full bath and the Harry Potter twin room.The queen suite features a queen bed, a walk-in closet, a wall mounted 32-inch flat screen TV and a private bathroom, with a tub shower combo.The Mickey Mouse room has beautiful Mickey décor, two twin beds, a wall mounted 24-inch flat screen TV and a closet organizer with drawers.Between the Mickey Mouse Room and the Harry Potter Room is the shared Mickey themed full bath with a tub shower combo.The Harry Potter Room has lovely Harry Potter décor, two twin beds, a wall mounted 24-inch flat screen TV and a closet organizer with drawers.On the left side of the second floor, you will find two more queen rooms, another shared full bath and the Star Wars room.The two queen rooms both feature a queen bed and wall mounted 24-inch flat screen TV.One of the queen bedrooms has recently been themed with Pirates of the Carribean décor which is suitable for children or adults.The Nemo/Dory themed shared bath has a tub shower combo.The Star Wars room has awesome Star Wars décor, a twin over full bunk bed and a wall mounted 32-inch flat screen TV.That’s right, every bedroom has a wall mounted flat screen TV!
The final amenity of the Movie Magic House villa that you should consider, is the dedicated ownership!We purchased this lovely home in November of 2016.It was in need of a bit of TLC, but we are dedicated to making it great again!The values we prize are cleanliness, a well-maintained house, a bright and cheery feeling and of course, fun!Below is a list of some of the upgrades we have done since taking over.
Winter of 2016-2017
- Replaced all kitchen appliances with new stainless steel Samsung appliances
- Added new cookware, silverware, cutlery, 14-cup coffee maker and 4-slice toaster
- Added wireless printer
- Replaced living room TV with new 55-inch Samsung TV and matching Samsung sound bar with subwoofer
- Added new Xbox One Game console
- Added hotel style safe to master closet
- Added 14 oversized pool towels
- Replaced old TV’s in bedrooms with wall-mounted flat screen Samsung TV’s in every bedroom
- Added more loungers and seating outside along with storage box and pool toys
- Added many outdoor hanging options for towels and bathing suits
- Had hedges and palms planted around the pool enclosure for added privacy
- Redecorated game room and added ping pong table, framed movie posters and beverage fridge complete with freezer mugs
- Replaced furniture in queen suite and one other queen bedroom with brand new furniture
- Installed Wi-Fi electronic locks and thermostats
- Redecorated 3 bedrooms to make awesome themed kids bedrooms!!!
- Added brand new pack n play, high chair and stroller
- Replaced pool heater with a brand new oversized unit
- Added a pool cover
Spring of 2017
- Added multi-device charging station
- Added a second stroller (Graco Duo-glider), second high chair and second pack-n-play
Fall of 2017
- Replaced one of the two A/C units (both inside and out)
- Updated décor in kitchen
- Replaced two of the queen bed mattresses with Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Signature Select Bay Spring 14" Luxury Firm Pillow Top Mattresses
- Themed one of the queen bedrooms with a Pirates of the Caribbean theme that is suitable for both adults and children
- Added handrails to the pool and spa for safer entry and exit
- Updated the décor in the great room to reflect the movie theme of the house
We hope you like our house and enjoy a wonderful stay there!We also hope you see that we are dedicated owners who want to create and maintain a beautiful vacation home, not just for our family but for our guests as well.Try Movie Magic House for your next vacation!!!