Jim Zilli grew up in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, area. He started coming to Longboat Key in the early 1980s and purchased the Villa as a family retreat in 2004. He chose this property as it was the perfect vacation property and is the only ocean-front standalone home in the area. It didn’t take long before he chose to make Longboat Key his year-round home. Since 2009, he has lived here full time and has gone on to purchase additional properties nearby including a nearby one-bedroom condo in January 2013. The Villa retains the elegantly appointed feel of a family home with all the upscale touches of an attractive, well-kept and much-loved property.
Jim is CEO in the family’s Wisconsin on off-site catering special events business, so he has ample experience in hospitality. He finds great enjoyment and satisfaction helping guests have amazing vacations in his properties – many of whom come back year after year. “I have many families who I have gotten to know over the years and spent time , dining , golfing , helped them find realtors, and more,” says Jim.
Clients have complimented Jim’s style as attentive and not pushy. They appreciate he will check in with them during their stay. He wants renters to know he’s there for them.
Jim Zilli purchased this villa in 2004
Why Jim Zilli chose Florida South Central Gulf Coast
The most obvious reason Jim chose Longboat Key is the weather and beauty of this location, and the Villa is located just steps from a world-class beach. Guests never run out of things to do, whether it’s enjoying the nightlife in nearby Sarasota or simply collecting shells along the white sand beach. The weather provides just enough variety so you won’t be bored. Unlike other areas of Florida, Longboat Key is quiet, safe and has a small-town feel he enjoys. The area feels remote and natural yet it’s easy to access with the Sarasota airport just 7 miles east of Sarasota or from Tampa, which is 40 minutes away.
One of Jim’s favorite things to do is golf, and (there are several world-class courses within a 20-minute drive). He also enjoys movies, and recommends the annual film festival in Sarasota. He keeps a running list of the many, many things there are to do in the area - so whether you like to swim, sunbathe, walk on the beach, golf, shop, or all of the above, Jim’s guests find plenty to keep themselves entertained. At the same time, the secluded location offers privacy and quiet so if you, like most of us, need to catch up on rest while you’re here, you can fall asleep to nothing more than the gentle sound of the surf.
What makes this villa unique
One-of-a-kind home right on the gulf of Mexico see video and slideshow, private yard pool next to the house. Open concept two bedroom two bath washer dryer, master bedroom faces the gulf . Fireplace /giant screen TVs in each room, stainless steel appliances, dedicated carport
· Complete privacy in this standalone home
· Two bedrooms: one has one king and bedroom two has 2 queen-sized beds
· Free high-speed wireless internet
· Three TVs with cable
· Gas fireplace
· Full sized stainless steel appliances in well stocked kitchen and pantry
· On-site full size washer/dryer
· Stereo system and DVD player
· Two sofa sleeper couches and one futon – property can sleep up to eight
· 40 feet of windows with hurricane shutters facing the Gulf
· Clean, well maintained lawn
· Master bedroom faces Gulf with small patio
· Both bathrooms have combination tub/showers
· Both bedrooms have flat screen TVs and Casablanca fans
· Free access to pool (with free use of beach towels) next door
· Ample storage
· Dining room seats up to 10
· Entire home is on one level, making it safe for little ones or elderly guests
· Our beachside patio overlooks the Gulf of Mexico