1800 Overseas Highway (MM 48)
When making a reservation, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE!!!! you MUST put in the "HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT US" or "GUEST NOTES" section, what your eligibility is!!
About MWR Facility in Marathon:
The Marathon Cottages are open year round and have topography similar to that of islands in the eastern Caribbean. There are beaches and excellent fishing on both the Gulf and the Atlantic sides of the Keys. The Marathon cottages are 111 miles southwest of Miami (3 hour road trip), 48 miles northeast of Key West, Florida. Near mile marker 48 (mile markers are small green signs on right side of highway).
Online reservations are confirmed electronically by the Lodge Hosts in Marathon and requests are processed Tuesday through Friday. For example, if you submit your online reservation request on Friday Night, you should expect to receive a confirmation on the following Tuesday.
We are a small MWR facility located at USCG Station Marathon, Florida. Our MWR facility has a limited recreational equipment available. There are 4 cottages (1 parking space per cottage) , 2 recreational boats,
2 bicycles, 4 charcoal grills and a basketball court situated on Vaca Key in the heart of the Florida Keys. The cottages are 1 bedroom/1 bath and all 4 have the same lay-out, they can sleep 5 or 6 people: 1-Queen size bed, 1-Roll away bed and a Bahama couch. All cottages come fully furnished with linens, towels, and a fully equipped kitchen. Daily maid/housekeeping service is not available.
EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE: When making a reservation you MUST put in the "How Did You Hear About Us" or "Guest Notes" section, what your eligibility is!!
Military ID/Proof of eligibility are required at check-in.
Active duty and their dependents/same-sex domestic partner of the U. S. Armed Forces (Coast Guard, Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines); members of the ready reserve, reserves in training, members of the National Guard and their dependents; military Cadets of Service academies and their families; commissioned corps of the Public Health Services and their dependents/same-sex domestic partner; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) on active duty; retirees of the U. S. Armed Forces and their dependents/same-sex domestic partner; and other authorized patrons of the morale-well-being and recreation programs, including but not limited to: honorably discharged veterans with disabilities and their dependents/same-sex domestic partner; Medal of Honor recipients and their dependents/same-sex domestic partner; un-remarried surviving spouses of military personnel; DHS/DOD appropriated and non-appropriated funded active and retired civilian personnel and their dependents/same-sex domestic partner; Coast Guard Auxiliarists; and other individuals entitled to commissary and exchange privileges.
Purple Heart and Disabled Veterans Equal Access Act of 2018. This bill extends access to Department of Defense (DOD) commissaries and morale, welfare, and recreation (MWR) facilities to Purple Heart recipients, veterans with a service-connected disability, Medal of Honor recipients, former prisoners of war, and veteran caregivers.
If you have any questions regarding patron eligibility, please refer to Coast Guard Morale, Well-being, and Recreation (MWR) Manual, COMDTINST M1710.13 (series)
- NO personal watercraft (Boats, Jet skis) are allowed
- NO trailer parking (Boat, Motorcycle, RV ,Cargo)
- NO launching of kayaks or SUPs
- NO swimming or diving from the station, fishing is allowed at the end or the property NOT in the basin.
- Helmets must be worn while biking or motorcycling on the station.
- NO weapons allowed.
- Any intoxicated guest will be asked to leave.
- Request for reservations are submitted online at : https://vrentals.vacationrentaldesk.com/MarathonVacationRentals/homepage.html
- Your Eligibility status is REQUIRED. Please put your Eligibility Status in the "How did you hear about us?" or the "Guest Notes" section.
- All applicants must affirm they have read the Privacy act statement and the Statement of understanding, when submitting the reservation request online.
- Reservations for the cottages are processed up to 1 year in advance with full payment processed at the time of booking.
- Reservations are confirmed by email. The receipt of payment and check-in procedures will be sent to the email address provided by the applicant during the reservations process.
- Request for reservations checking in on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years day will be denied.
- Reservations rental period: The minimum rental period is 2 days: Maximum rental period is 14 days. A maximum of two cottages, may be reserved by a sponsor for the same rental period. Multiple reservations can be accepted with 30 days between rental periods but cannot exceed the 14 maximum within that time.
- Check-out is by 1100. Early check outs are permissible as long as arrangements have been made with the Lodge Host.
- Full payment is required at time of reservation.
- NO PETS ARE ALLOWED only a service animal per ADA guidelines. NO animals will be left in the cottages unattended, because it is a service animal, it should be with you at all times.
No Late Check-in. Check-in is between 1400 and 1630 with the Lodge Host. Please call (305) 743-3549 on your scheduled day of arrival at 0900 for instructions when arriving at the station. You will be entering through a security gate.
Guest are given a key card once you have checked in to access the gate during your stay. Guest will sign a form stating if you loose the card you will be charged $100.
Check out policy:
Check out by 1100
In order for MWR Marathon to keep our cost down, it is the responsibility of each guest to clean their cottage the day of departure. There is a detailed list in the room.
New Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellations prior to 60 Days of reservation will be assessed a 20% Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellations 59-31 Days of reservation will be assessed a 35% Cancellation Fee.
- There will be NO REFUND within 30 Days of a reservation.
- When Cancellations are due to an emergency beyond the control of the applicant (military orders, hospitalization, or death in the immediate family) payment will be refunded regardless of the date; however, proof of the emergency is required (copy of military orders, doctor's slip, ect.)
- Due to filters on .mil email accounts, persons using those email addresses will likely not receive the confirmation notice. Please use a personal email or call the Marathon Cottages office (305) 743-3549 for your confirmation. Reservations are processed Tuesday through Friday.
- By agreeing to the terms presented when creating a reservation request online, all applicants affirm they are eligible patrons, have read the Privacy Act Statement and self-certify to the terms in the posted Statement of Understanding.
- Our boats are for seasoned boaters. The sponsor (and operator, if different person) MUST have the Florida Boaters Safety certificate.
- Guests staying here can reserve up to 30 days prior to arrival. Anyone not staying at our cottages can reserve 15 days out.
- Boat rentals : Monday-Friday $175.00. Saturday, Sunday and Holidays $195.00. Rental hours are 8:00 am - 4 pm.
- No refunds on reservations unless Wind is at 15 kts or higher, Mechanical issues with the boat beyond our control, or Guest had to cancel because of medical emergency.
- Call us to make your boat reservation.
Privacy Act Statement:
In accordance with 5 United States Code (USC) 522(e)(3), the following information is cited when you are providing personal information to the U. S. Coast Guard.
Authority that authorized solicitation of the information: 14 USC 632.
Principal purpose for which information is intended to be used: To provide the U. S. Coast Guard with sufficient information to evaluate the request for use of the recreation facilities under the auspices of Coast Guard Base Miami Beach.
The routine use that may be made of the information: To provide a record of all applications for use of the Marathon recreation facilities controlled by Coast Guard Base Miami Beach.
Disclosure: Voluntary; however, failure to provide the information may result in disapproval of the application.