TIPS AND TRICKS FOR RENTING!
1. Bring outdoor camping/sports chairs. The picnic tables can get a bit sore after a bit.
2. Bring some type of disinfectant spray. As soon as you get inside, spray down beds, couches and chairs...then download your car/gear/food as it dries.
3. Bring your own mattress cover and laundry detergent, especially if you think someone in your party is going to soil the bed. They don't have "hotel staff" that clean between renters, so please keep it as clean as possible.
4. Bring bug spray. MWR doesn't supply bug spray and both units can get a bit buggy depending on the season.
5. Try a winter vacation! Rates are cheaper and the vision is breathtaking.
6. If you have a problem with any of the units...let the local keeper know so they can fix it right away. If you don't give the local keepers a chance to fix the problem...they won't offer a refund.
7. Local big "box stores" have clothing/storage Ziploc bags which are great for all the bedding you're required to bring along. One full queen bedding can be vacuumed down to one inch!
8. Sleeping bags make easy bedding!
9. If you have any tips you want to share...please email: SLMLighthouses@uscg.mil or SLMLighthouses@Gmail.com
10. Don't forget to bring bedding, sheets, towel and even a floor towel for when you get out of the shower.